4.05.2009

wired for light

The baby's teething. Needless to say, I did not enjoy much sleep last night.

In other news, I've got my eye on this little number, which I hope to find time to make in the near future. This week is forecasted for some cold weather, and those cookies would certainly keep me warm and toasty inside.

Tonight our good friend Jessica is coming over and bringing her homemade chili. Need I say more? Alright, I will. This friend happens to be an incredible cook, who once made kolache from scratch, simply because she was craving them. They were the most delicious pastry ever to pass my lips, and that's certainly saying a lot. She is also the favorite guest at any dinner party, potluck, or simple gathering, because she always brings something to eat, and whatever it is, it will be the most delicious version of that food you have ever had, ever. Even if she just brings a homemade veggie platter with hummus. Clearly I am excited about her bringing chili tonight, and instead of just toasting some bread for garlic toast, I just don't think it could play the supporting role to any dish made by Jessica. I'll make skillet cornbread instead, with this recipe I happened upon. Much thanks to Cookworm for the recipe and the inspiration.

The camera is lost still missing. Drat.

2 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

I hope you can find time for sleep. I'm coming over in a few to cover the beds. NOTHING will hurt our wonderful spinach & potato plants! :)

jessie said...

our gingerbread house came with a cast iron skillet. i should try this cornbread before we move and it has to stay with the house. or i could take it maybe. hmm.

hope finn's teeth are in! jeremy and i were registering at target and i suggested a teether and he said he didn't think babies got teeth until they were like 2. somehow my logical response was simply "finn has teeth," which seemed to suffice.