12.18.2007

the happiest woman among all women

As Christmas approaches, I begin to plan our itinerary. Three days in TN, two in GA, two in SC, three in NC, four more in GA. Making sure we have places to stay, and that we see our families and closest friends.
Feeling a return to God. God both baffles and comforts me, and I think that's how it's supposed to be. He is terrifying yet He is a God of love.
"prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
prone to leave the God I love
here's my heart, o, take and seal it
seal it for thy courts above"

Sometimes I spend time wondering if Christianity is right, as in, if it is THE truth, and the way, etc. Other times I spend time reading the Bible and seeking God's face, and praying and seeking His voice. At those times, instead of the former, I feel closest to Him. So I'm beginning to think that He just wants us to be relational, and to seek Him out, and to not worry so much about whose theory of Him is the best or the most right. The miracles in Christianity sometimes seem too much to ask someone to believe, but then again it's the God of the universe, and if He created this magnificent, mysterious universe, then surely a virgin birth or a resurrection are a walk in the park.

Other than those puzzling questions that showcase my humanity, I've been at peace lately. The semester is over, and though it wasn't hard, at least I don't have to worry about upcoming papers or tests for five weeks.

Scott and I have been close lately. We took a bath together and had a wonderful night the other evening. It was so great to spend quality time just enjoying one another. I'd like more of that. We must beat our schedules into submission.

The parents (my mom and michael) came and brought gifts, then left within 24 hours. They had to get back to work, but wanted to see us before the holidays since we won't see them. They really blessed us, with lots of good gifts and with their care. I got a sewing machine! Which means now I need to find someone to teach me. Scott got a burr grinder and couldn't be happier. He loves it.
The important thing, I believe, is to remember what the season is about, instead of getting caught up about gifts, shopping, and travel. The season is about love, it's about God's love, the greatest love of all.

1 comment:

Anoma said...

beat them schedules, and beat them good. because love matters more.