11.14.2008

one more time

world peace cookies, pt. 2

Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yes, chilling. We had two logs - so after 5 hours, and after dinner - which was pizza from Gumby's because we had guests
(the guests hanging out with Finn)

and I delayed cooking until I was too hungry and then the quinoa was not enough and too old so I threw it away and made brown rice which was taking too long - I sliced and baked the first log. I followed Dorie's instructions to pull from the oven at 12 minutes, though they won't look done, and to let them cool enough to be able to appreciate the texture.


They were great. I'm not a chocolate fan, but the cookies were damn good.



Last night we had friends over who cooked in our kitchen for us - what fun! They made an incredible lentil curry over brown rice and a mixed greens salad with cranberries and walnuts and apples. While we ate dinner, I sliced and baked the second log of World Peace Cookies. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. I let them cool to nearly room temperature.
They were even better than the first log! Maybe because I sliced them thicker, or maybe because they chilled nearly 24 hours, or maybe both. The guests loved them, and I sent them home with the ones we didn't eat.
Success.

No comments: